As the clock ticks and time passes away from the year that we just lived, many thought come to my mind and today I want to share some of those thoughts with all of you who have given me so much love and affection. Many of you may not even understand how much you all mean to me and how you have been part of my life.
For me the most important aspect of living life in the year 2011 can be measured only by how much I have gained from you all. I would probably not be what I am today had it not been for the trust, faith and support that I have received from all of you. The year was one of great achievements for me as it gave me a new opportunity to put a new team together to build something new and different. During this period I came across a number of new faces in my life and could never anticipate that in such a short span they would become part of my life. I had my ups and downs with new people but I believed that everyone has a hidden talent that I could use. It was just my job to make them realize that they were on to something big in life. Some of them thought that I was kidding; some thought I am diplomatic, and some may have even thought that I am crazy. However, as the year passes by me, I am happy that most of them today do realize that there is merit in what I was telling them all along. I can see the spark in the eyes of the people who work with me and I do hope I have earned their support. Today I just want you to know that you have shaped my thinking and I value your frankness and sometimes the anger you expressed on what you did not like about me or my ways of doing things. I have sincerely reflected on all those issues and am a better person compared to a year back or when I met you for the first time.
Then there is another group of people who have shaped my thinking this year and they are my old and existing students. I can confess that I have learnt a lot from them. I shared their sorrows, difficulties and apprehensions. I gave them a shoulder to cry when they needed it from me but I also gave them the values as teacher that I have practiced all my life. Sometimes you as my students have amazed me and at times you have disappointed me but I always took it in the spirit of learning. I continued to have faith in your abilities and I will always continue to do so because I think I have taught you to hear to your inner voice. That should always be the guiding light in your life. Today many of you have made remarkable progress in your life and it is all due to your own efforts and perseverance. I do not take any credit for what you are today, I just am so happy that you let me be part of your life for some years that we spent together. There have also been some sad stories about students that I do not wish to share at this point in time but would like all those students to know, I still care for all of you and do not give up hope, the world does not come to an end tomorrow.
Before I begin to say goodbye to 2011, I want all of you who have been in some way been connected to me (even if we have never met) to know that we are not the center of the universe and the creator has given us a life as the most intelligent species in the known universe. We all should make effective use of this gift for the benefit of not only us but those around us at the least. Here are some of the things that you may think of doing for the next year.
1. Try and make at least one person happy everyday by just listening to them. This will give you 360 days of credit in your account next year.
2. Go out of the way to help someone who needs help the most, it may be your students, co-worker or someone you may have never met.
3. There are so many people who are dependent on you for their livelihood. They could be your driver, servants, or gardener. Just help them educate their one child for one year. It’s a great gift you can give.
4. Control your anger this year, it speaks a lot about you as a person and not about the person you are angry with you.
5. Spend some quality time with the family. It is an important part of living life.
6. All away carry a smile on your face it does not cost you anything but makes life for everyone around you good.
7. Make up with friends you lost in 2011. Get back to them and say sorry if you have to say.. you never know how this year is going to be.
Happy New year and have a great 2012.