Have you ever wondered about the life that you are living and how that has changed you to what you are today? I was today forced to ask myself this question. Do I run my life the way that I want it or do I run my life the way others want it. There are too many people among the others, so I decided to think about it and write this blog. I hope you will think about this aspect of life and living.
All of us are in one way or the other living a life that we may feel is a compromise with reality. We are always trying to do things to make sure that people around us are happy. They could be friends, relatives, parents, wife and the children. There is nothing wrong in this; perhaps the eastern philosophy requires us to do so. I feel that it becomes an issue once you do things only to please the people around yourself. I am specially amazed by the extent of sacrifice women make in India to ensure that their families are protected even at their cost. However, I feel that your loss of identity as an individual, a soul, a living being with flesh and blood Is the worst thing that can happen to you. It is necessary to ensure that you can live a life of your own, where you tend to be what you are in real life. You don’t need to pretend to be someone who you are not even with those you love and care so much about. Here are some tips on how you can be who and what you are. Try them and you will begin to feel good about yourself.
1. Even if you are a home maker or one who has the sole responsibility to run the family, it is important that you take some time out for yourself. Time not doing anything for anyone, just spending time for yourself, where you can reflect on yourself.
2. Spend one day a week where the whole family spends time together. Togetherness is about being with each other in everything, from cleaning to cooking. For just one day a week, may be a Sunda,y you can be just friends with your spouse. It is a great part of living life together.
3. Take a day in about two weeks to spend time with your friends for a few hours. It is form of stress buster when you have the pressure of the family on your head.
4. Take one day to be in your best form. Dress up and pamper yourself, you will surprise everyone and you will get the best compliments. This has a very positive impact on life and our thinking about us.
5. Always think positive even in the worst conditions. Sometimes it is ok to just think and not talk too much. You are considered an intelligent person till you open your mouth.
The most important thing to remember is that we all need to live a life that we feel comfortable. A life that we want to be part of, a life that gives us the confidence to be our self. This would require that some times in the initial stages we may hurt some people because they are so used to us living a life for them. It is ok to sometimes ask this question; why should I be the one to sacrifice everything, my individuality, my ambitions, my life.
Just try from tomorrow to make sure that you talk about what you want in life.. we all have to achieve something in life.. keep the search going and think how you can be yourself.